Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Even Millionaire Pros Feel Pinched


My cross-country blogging friend, Ben Katz, gave me something perfect for my blog today. In an interview with an Atlanta newspaper, Seattle Seahawks rookie quarterback David Greene, who is from Georgia and is now gettting a taste of Seattle real estate, was interviewed about life in Seattle. Here's an excerpt of his interview:

Q. Are you renting or buying?
A. We're renting right now, but we're looking to buy a place pretty soon. The only thing that drives me crazy is the real estate out here is unbelievably expensive. We would think back at home with $500,000 you could build the house of your dreams. Up here? I promise you, you wouldn't even want to live in a $500,000 house. They're like shacks, which is ridiculous.

So, I looked up homes in Atlanta that run around half a million. The photo above sold for $524,900 in East Cobb, Georgia, which is north of Atlanta. Pretty nice homes down there in Jaw-Ja.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home