Monday, December 19, 2005

Hey! You Blocked My View!


As I was walking along 8th Ave W in Queen Anne, I spotted a newbie rising up tall and proud with a steeply pitched roof and as I got closer, I see it's actually some sort of outbuilding and not someone's main home. Of course, being a former reporter, I asked someone nearby, "What up?" -- meaning, that's a heck of a building to plunk there. She said it was built as a guesthouse for the main house and that all the neighbors are a little irritated with the height. The biggest gripe is about the roof, which is fairly high and has a steep pitch. Our wonder was the usefulness of that room, which looks like it would be hard to stand it. Which leads everyone to wonder, what was the point to build something so high and block everyone's view? Courtesy, people, let's have some courtesy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home