Monday, December 05, 2005

Colorful Seattle


Picking color for walls is never as easy as it seems. You see a house with vivid, bright colors and if it looks good, you think, "very nice," but you never really feel the agony that probably went into it because it looks right. When we moved into our house in Magnolia this past fall, we painted our bedroom twice, including priming it twice, so I guess that makes four times. I always wanted a pink room. Not PINK, but, pink. You know, kinda like a light, coral color that would match this Oriental rug that I've been lugging around for 20 years. That is the last time I will ever consider pink. It turned out looking like a big, pink eraser. Like something my daughter has in her pencil box. UG-ly. We settled for light blue, which is not my first choice, but hey, it's not the big pink eraser anymore..

So, what am I getting at? I stumbled upon the Seattle Dream Homes Web site that has fun, whimsical Seattle houses with great colors. Enjoy.

P.S. The pix above is one I took of a home in Magnolia. Maybe not as pretty as the painted ladies in SF and Seattle, but a big departure from the usual stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home