Thursday, October 06, 2005

NIMBY Situation in Magnolia


This morning on the bus, I sat next to a retired gentleman who was on his way to City Hall to fight the good 'ol NIMBY fight. As detailed here in The Neighbors of Briarcliff School's site, a Bellevue developer is taking the old 4.5-acre Briarcliff Elementary School site (39th Avenue West and Dravus Street) in Magnolia, and developing cluster housing, which is right around the corner from his house, and I might add, Jamie Moyer's.

As I've stated in previous posts, I am for New Urbanism. I think surburban sprawl is hideous, selfish, and environmentally wrong. And, after all, Magnolia IS in Seattle -- it is a neighborhood in a CITY.

My Magnolia acquaintance, armed with newspaper clippings and copious notes on a yellow legal pad, is mad as hell and says 100 other angry Magnolians will be there, along with their $250-per-hour lawyer. We'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home